Below you will find answers to some of the most common questions you have asked about Contact – Personal Lines. If you have a question which has not been covered on this page, please contact your Intact Insurance underwriter.
ACCESS AND SUPPORT
UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD, CONNECTIVITY
POLICY AND CHANGES
ACCESS AND SUPPORT
1. How do I access Contact PL?
From your BVS: Select your broker system "Company Integration" and select “Broker Portal”
From the Broker Portal: Click on System Access and select Contact PL
2. Will users have to change login information?
Log in information will not change with Contact PL.
3. Who can I call for support?
4. What web browsers and operating systems are required for Contact PL?
Contact works with:
5. Is it possible to run multiple sessions of Contact PL?
Yes. Using Internet Explorer, you can open the first session and access your first policy. To run a second session, click on File/New Session in your browser menu. You will be prompted to log in again and can access a second policy
6. What do I do if I have display issues in Contact, such as missing icons?
In most cases using Shift-F5 will correct this issue.
If the issue is not corrected, ask your brokerage’s IT department to check your settings.
7. How can I get set up in Contact?
For set-up and training, please contact your Electronic Business Specialist.
8. What if something happens during the transaction (e.g. my screen freezes? Would the transaction be saved in Contact, or do I have to start all over again)?
When you use connectivity to upload your new business, Contact will automatically create a quote number and save the information uploaded.
When policies are keyed directly into Contact, there is a “Save Quote” icon located in the top menu that will allow saving at any point. For policy changes, use “Save What If” on the Results stop to save your quote.
9. What is the session timeout for Contact PL?
To ensure the security of Intact systems, users will be prompted to enter their login information after two hours of inactivity in Contact PL.
10. Can we view the billing screen when a policy status is Cancellation for Non-Pay?
Yes, the Billing screen can be viewed when the policy status is Cancelled Non-Pay.
1. Who is a Client? Do I have to add each named insured separately?
A client is the named insured, a driver, an occasional driver. A Client profile must be created for each of these.
2. Who can be listed as the authorized contact? Who is typically listed?
The authorized contact is someone the insured grants permission to, should they be asked about policy details pertaining to this client, e.g. Executor of Estate, Power of Attorney.
3. After I enter my client details on the Client Profile screen, the options are “Cancel”, “Create Automobile Quote” or “Submit”. What do I do?
4. What is the purpose of the No Solicitation field when setting up a customer?
The field will not be used. Intact Insurance and Jevco do not solicit to clients directly.
5. Whose/what name will be used for pulling credit for policies that are set up in a company name?
6. How would we handle a situation where a customer has multiple policies with us and would like their documents mailed to different addresses, for example when an insured owns multiple vehicles and a child is away at university with one of the vehicles and wants the documents and/or the billing to be sent to the child. The current practice is to set up a separate policy for the vehicle that is away. This ensures the policy documents are mailed to the correct address.
You would need to continue to create a different policy in Contact PL, and add the named insured as a new client so the client versioning would not apply.
7. When a broker uses connectivity, an automobile and property quote are brought over separately and then combined as a my home & auto. Once in Contact PL, will this create duplicate clients?
No, Contact PL will recognize it is the same client and there will be one client sheet.
1. How do I add a note?
Click the Notes icon (located throughout the policy). This will open up a note, where you will choose the title of the note from the drop-down and then enter your comments in the comments box. A note can be added any time after the General Information section is completed. A note can also be added while in view only mode.
2. What information do I need to include in the Notes when issuing a new business?
3. Will notes on quotes be combined upon merging?
Notes will be combined. However, once combined, they cannot be deleted. Note: "Broker notes" (title) can be deleted only prior to combining.
1. How long does a new business quote remain in Contact PL when either uploaded or keyed directly?
Currently new business quotes will be stored in Contact PL indefinitely.
However, the rate guarantee is 30 days from the process date.
2. How long do “What if” quotes remain in Contact PL?
“What if” quotes can be viewed and activated up to 30 days from the process date. “What if” quotes can be viewed BUT not updated if they have expired or if another quote was issued after a broker’s quote was processed.
3. How do I know if I can no longer activate a “What if” quote?
If a quote is over 30 days old OR another quote with a later date was issued, the icon to activate a particular quote will not appear.
4. Can I delete a quote?
Quotes cannot be deleted.
5. How many “What if” quotes can I create?
There is no limit to the number of “What if” quotes that can be created in Contact PL.
6. Will Applied Rating quotes be honoured?
Applied Rating is not an Intact system; only quotes in the Intact Insurance Contact system will be honoured. Please contact your Intact Insurance underwriter with quoting discrepancies.
7. What is the difference between the “Save What if” and “Save Transaction” icons on the Results section?
“Save What if” saves the transaction scenarios in a policy (example: client has requested quotes on a number of vehicles).
“Save Transaction”: Exits and saves the information entered (example: missing information to complete the change).
Note: Once the missing information is entered, the saved transaction will have to be submitted.
8. How long can a saved transaction stay saved? Will a renewal be stopped due to a saved transaction?
There is no time limit on a saved transaction; however, it should be processed as soon as possible. A renewal will not be issued until the saved transaction is completed.
9. How do I activate a “What if” quote?
10. Is Contact an underwriting tool? If the information entered disqualifies the risk, will a quote still be generated?
Yes, Contact will indicate if a risk does not qualify for Intact. An underwriting message will appear on the Results section, under the Underwriting Messages tab indicating the eligibility of the risk.
11. Will a quote number be provided once you click Save Quote if you to have exit?
When using connectivity, a quote number will generate as soon as you enter Contact. When keying a policy directly into Contact, a quote number will be generated once you click the Save Quote button.
12. What is the “Copy Quote” functionality in Contact PL?
It copies an existing quote/policy into a quote. The original quote/policy remains as is.
For example: If there is an existing quote that has expired in Contact PL, this function will allow the user to copy the details into a new quote.
13. How many years of transactions will the Policy History display? Will they ever be purged?
Currently all transactions remain in the Policy History.
14. Do we order MVR and Autoplus externally?
There is no change to the process. Please continue to order MVR and Autoplus reports through CGI.
15. Are we able to save a transaction, go back later to save it as a What If, proceed with another change and then submit the transaction?
If you save a transaction and then return to it, the Save as What If button does not appear. You would have to delete your saved transaction, begin your transaction again and Save as What If, then continue to proceed with another change and then submit the transaction.
16. Will Contact PL allow quoting for UBI without a driver's licence?
Driver's licence information is necessary to quote UBI in Contact PL.
17. Will the copy quote function work on policies that have already been cancelled?
Yes, the copy quote function also works for cancelled policies.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
1. Can I quote without a VIN?
Yes complete the VIN field with 17 1s and then proceed with year, make and model. Note: a valid VIN is required in order to create a policy or submit a transaction.
2. How do I enter an older vehicle with a VIN Code less than 17 digits?
LIENHOLDER / LESSOR
1. How do you add a lienholder/ lessor/mortgagee in Contact?
2. Does Contact allow me to proceed without adding lienholder/lessor/mortgagee details?
Interested party details are not mandatory. If you have indicated there is an interested party, once you select “Convert to Policy” Contact will return you to the risk screen to complete the mandatory fields.
POLICY AND CHANGES
1. What information is required to retrieve a policy or quote?
Users can search by entering either the policy number or quote number, or a combination of criteria such as telephone number, policy number, quote number, last name, first name, date of birth and/or postal code.
2. How do I start a Policy Change or Rewrite?
3. How can I add an additional named insured(s) to a policy?
4. If a change needs to be made to a policy with an effective date prior to October 1, 2017, does it have to be processed in Savers?
Yes, any change to an existing policy prior to your Contact PL go live date will be processed through Savers Plus. Upon your go live date, New Business and Policy changes will be processed in Contact PL. Subsequent policy changes to these New Business policies will be processed in Contact PL. Hint: Contact PL policies begin with the letter K to make them easily identifiable.
5. I would like to add a 2nd vehicle with a 2nd driver. How do I proceed?
To add the vehicle:
To add the driver:
6. How can I make minor policy corrections (changes to phone number, client code, etc.) without printing the documents?
There is an option to suppress documents on the Complementary Info screen under Document Processing and select “Suppress Documents” from the drop-down.
7. What do I input for “Insured without interruption since”?
This field is used to record how long the insured has had insurance without any interruptions (e.g., no non-pays, suspensions).
8. Most of our insureds live right on the Ontario-Quebec border and go back and forth between each province. What do we enter for the number
of weeks the vehicle will be used outside of province?
Vehicle rating is based on the garaged address. The out of province indicator would only apply if the insured leaves the province for extended period of time, for example, snowbirds.
9. Why is there a Disregard Conviction button for convictions?
We may need to disregard a conviction for rating purposes. This decision would be at the discretion of your Intact Insurance underwriter.
10. What are the Underwriting Messages located on the Results stop for, and who reviews them?
Underwriting messages are used by both brokers and underwriters. These should be reviewed and if applicable take the appropriate action to address them. Click on the “+” to see the required actions needed to address the messages. Messages should be reviewed prior to submitting a transaction (new business or policy change).
11. Are there any changes that I cannot process in Contact PL? Can I cancel/lapse a policy?
You will not be able to process cancellations, lapses, reinstatements or update banking information.
12. How do I add "No prior insurance?"
13. Are brokers able to see the UBI driver details screen, especially the assessment period of 180 days? Are the Field names and minimum assessment period and adjusted minimum assessment period fields viewable?
Brokers can access the UBI Driver Details screen; however, the fields for minimum assessment are not visible.
14. Currently Savers generates an error when UBI is applied. On renewal the broker is not able to access the policy in the current term. Will brokers be able to see the Proposed Usage Discount and Proposed Usage Discount Rate?
Yes, brokers will be able to see those fields.
15. What is the description character length when adding a scheduled article?
The maximum length is 255 characters.
16. Is there a job aid for Previous Address and Credit Consent?
17. Will Contact PL pull credit on a renewal rewrite where the policy has been amended to "Estate of"?
Credit can only be called on individual clients, not for a company or estate. When a policy is "In the Estate of", and there is a successor (another named insured at policy level) credit can be called on the successor by simply making the "successor" the First Named Insured.
18. For the Shuttle tanker discount, does Contact PL validate if the shuttle tanker qualifies?
There is currently no system validation for shuttle tanker service in Contact PL. This follows our current business practice.
19. Currently in Savers, a broker is able to add a motor boat without adding a motor. Once they submit that transaction they are no longer able to access that policy. Will this behaviour will continue in Contact PL?
There is no system limitation in Contact PL. Brokers can add up to four watercraft items (i.e. boat, motor, trailer, equipment). All users are able to view and/or modify any of these items at a later date, regardless of the number of items on the watercraft risk.
20. How can I add an owner-occupied triplex risk in Contact PL?
It should be written as a homeowners risk with rental use, Triplex building type, and number of units. As it is owner occupied, a Tenants package would also be required for the owner.
1. What effective dates are acceptable?
New Business: Contact will accept a policy with an effective date of October 1, 2017 or up to 60 days in the future. For dates that fall outside of these timeframes, refer to your underwriter.
2. Once you access your quote in Contact, can you make changes to the details and or the effective date?
Yes, changes can be made. The “Edit Quote” functionality will allow you to make changes to your original quote.
3. Can I do two different policy changes with the same effective date?
In Contact, multiple policy change transactions can be processed with the same effective date.
4. Can dates be entered as yyyy/mm/dd?
Contact uses a dd-mm-yyyy format. A message will appear if you enter the date in a different format. Tip: use the Calendar icon to select the date.
5. Do we still have to manipulate dates for drivers who fast track their G1 to G?
Contact accepts actual licence dates for fast tracking and rate accordingly. Underwriting rules would still apply.
UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD, CONNECTIVITY
1. What Broker Management Systems and Quoting tools will allow company integration?
Connectivity options are available for Applied Rating Services, PowerQuote, IntelliQuote/TBW, TAM, Epic, Power Broker, Sig and CimData. Please refer to the Connectivity Guides for more details.
2. How do I upload policies in a Company Name?
Refer to the Connectivity Guides for instructions on how to upload a policy in a Company Name from your Broker Management System.
3. How do I upload from my Broker Management System?
Refer to the Connectivity Guides for instructions on how to upload a policy from your Broker Management System.
4. If there is an error when uploading from our broker management system will there be detailed information in Contact as to what needs
to be fixed?
Contact will provide an Error Message notification if the error is a result of something invalid in your BMS or quoting tool. It will advise you to correct the error and resubmit your quote.
5. When will New Business, Policy Changes and Renewals be downloaded?
The EDI download capability is available for Intact Insurance, Jevco and Novex. Please contact your Electronic Business Specialist for set-up.
6. Will scheduled article descriptions come over via connectivity?
If the details are captured in the Broker Management System, connectivity can bring them over to Contact PL.
1. What is the customer EDI field?
The Electronic Data Interface (EDI) number is the client code assigned by your Broker Management System. It is used for download purposes.
2. Where do I input the Client EDI number in Contact?
The Client EDI Number field is located in the General Information screen.
3. What happens if I miss the Client EDI field and I have released the new business without it?
Contact the Personal Lines Systems Helpline at 1 855 446 8866 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Where can I find the endorsements (e.g., Loss of Use, etc.)?
Endorsements can be found on the Coverages screen under the Additional Coverages section.
2. Why is OPCF 44 not automatically defaulted?
OPCF 44 is not automatically defaulted as it is an optional coverage.
3. Currently an automated message is generated when releasing a policy with only a G1 driver. Will the same thing occur in Contact PL?
Users can release a policy with only a G1 driver. An Underwriting message will not be generated.
1. How can I access and print policy documents if the policy was issued in Contact PL?
Documents can be retrieved from Savers Client Documents via the Broker Portal. Insured and Broker copies can be accessed.
2. Can I print the application in Contact PL?
To print the application or the confirmation of insurance letter, click the "Print Documents" button at the bottom of the screen in the results section.
3. Can the application be printed in Contact before or after the policy is issued?
The application can be printed from Contact before or after the policy is created. To bind the policy, the insured’s consent/signature is required.
4. Will Contact generate a temporary insurance slip once the policy is issued?
This function is not currently available.
1. How do I navigate to the next screen?
When creating a quote, it is best to use the "Next" icon located at the bottom of the page to navigate from screen to screen. Once you have successfully set up your new business policy, then you can safely navigate between the screens by selecting the appropriate screens.
2. How do I move from the Complementary Information or Billing Information back to the Results screen?
Select “Back to Results”.
1. When making a credit card payment, do the user security verification symbols need to be copied exactly as displayed?
Are they case-sensitive?
Yes, the symbols need to be entered exactly as shown.
2. If the effective date is past the 14 days and the client is paying by credit card, can we still pay by credit card right away? Or do we have to change the payment type to cheque and then get billing to correct it?
The policy must be released by underwriting before a credit payment can be applied. If the policy is past the 14 day requirement, please contact your Intact Insurance underwriting team to continue with the payment process.
3. When making an endorsement, are we still able to access a payment schedule simulation?
The payment schedule from the Billing screen will reflect any premium changes from an endorsement.
© 2018 Intact Insurance Company. All Rights Reserved.